Last night I completed fitting some oak cabinets. The customers were really pleased with the results and so was I!
|The finished job|
|The spaces to fill at the start|
|The left hand-side space, pieps run down the one wall making fixing tricky|
|They wanted a floating oak mantle piece like the one I fitted for myself last year|
|the mantle piece with template behind|
|Fitting the ply template to hold the bolts|
|Using resin to fix the bolts and make sure they're stuck out the right distance|
|Template and mantle on the front to make sure the bolts are aligned.|
|Mantle piece fixed on|
|The only fixing holes, to be filled with an oak plug later|
|Building the cupboards|
|The top of the left hand cupboard with extra support where the TV is to stand|
|The pipe work at the back of the right hand cupboard to hide but leave accessible|
|An oak back fitted in|
|The cupboard ready for the door, this one is to store their firewood and the little shelf is to hold their stuff for lighting the fire|
|All ready for the doors|
|Simple panel doors fitted|
|The smaller unit with a pair of doors|
|All complete ready for some oil|
|The finished job.|
I was really pleased with how this job turned out.
I've put in some late nights planeing, gluing up boards and making doors. It can be tricky to fit in work around looking after the children full time but I think I manage to get a good balance and interesting jobs like this maek it really worth while.
The customers told me to put on my website that "It was worth every penny". Made me feel really pleased with the work I'd done.