|Taking the bad wood back to good. I decided that as the upright would need two splices as well it was best to replace it at the same time.|
|Splicing in the top piece|
|Some of the bottom section chiselled out - this took a lot of work!|
|The completed repair|
|The bottom joint.|
I made the pegs on site as well.
|A picture showing how heavily scribed the bottom piece is - I made a template first and then it fitted pretty easily (well for oak anyway)|
|The repair fits in nicely as the rest of the frame has had work done to it in the past. Once this greys with age you won't be able to tell when this repair was done.|
|Picture showing the whole frame|
The customer seemed really please with the job and I've another repair to do on the frame lower down once the scaffold is dropped.