Last week i made a vanity unit for a customer insitu. The room is built with one sloping wall and a whole host of pipes behind it, so a brought in unit wouldn't do.
I had to make it out of ply and MDF with a softwood frame, the ply as some of it was to be tiled and the MDF for the painted areas. The customer changed her mind 7 times whilst I was making it though, she couldn't decide what to have as a top. in the end she decided against kitchen worktop (luckily). Bit of a nightmare but we got there in the end!
Now with a lick of paint I'm quite pleased with it, I really like their choice of painting the doors white.